As you know, we are experiencing a rare health pandemic in the U.S. and around the world. As of yesterday, Michigan has now confirmed the presence of COVID-19, also known as Coronavirus. It is our responsibility as a business to monitor the situation and be prepared. Our first priority is to protect the health of our employees, customers, visitors, and vendor partners.
This crisis affects us all. It’s imperative that we stay in close communication as the outbreak evolves and the landscape shifts. Right now, we are preparing our staff for a number scenarios. We are equipped to adjust operations based on immediate needs of our customers.
Here is an outline of the actions taken thus far:
- Communicated with employees and visitors to stay home if they feel ill and to take precautionary measures to minimize the outbreak outlined by the CDC.
- Advised managers to monitor employee behavior and health, and to utilize additional company resources if they become short staffed.
- Provided anti-bacterial sanitizers, wipes and additional cleaning services to disinfect our facilities and offices.
- Enforced the guidelines of our Business Continuity Plan. We continue to actively adjust contingency plans as needed.
- Established a work-from-home policy for employees.
We are monitoring the guidelines provided by the state government and prepared to take appropriate action if advised. Any action we take will be communicated to you immediately.
If you have questions or concerns about our response capabilities, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or (313) 388-3200. We are standing by to hear how Coronavirus is impacting your company and what we can do to ease the burden and protect our employees and families.
We appreciate your loyalty to Evans Distribution Systems. We are in this fight together and we must support each other in times of crisis.