“Evans was flexible and accommodating to our needs, and right away they made us feel that we had found what we were looking for in a local partner”
A German Logistics Company handles the delivery of Volkswagen, Audi, Mercedes-Benz and Maybach vehicles and display properties to the North American International Auto Show, held each January in Detroit. From planning and setup through teardown and removal, the entire operation must be coordinated and executed with military precision in a city that is not their own.
Evans, founded in Detroit and now headquartered in neighboring Melvindale, knows the ins and outs of moving materials around the Motor City. They provide this company with an invaluable level of local expertise that saves time, reduces stress, and ultimately results in a pain-free auto show experience for their OEM customers.
After the customer coordinates shipment of ocean containers from their main offices in Germany, Evans picks the containers up for preliminary unpacking and sequencing or direct transport to the downtown Detroit venue where the auto show is held. Evans delivers the materials needed to create each automaker’s display from floor to ceiling, as well as the current production vehicles and some concept cars as well.
The benefits of a strong, local logistics partner should not be underestimated:
- Materials are delivered in sequence, so what gets carried onto the show floor is exactly the piece needed next for proper construction of the set
- Evans arranges for special equipment as needed, such as drop-deck and curtain-side trailers
- Evans knows the local procedures and is immediately recognized by the convention center workers; local expertise means no delays at the loading dock
- Local expertise also means knowing the best roads to take (and not take), and knowing alternative routes when the primaries bog down
- It’s a team effort where two companies become one